The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - _Dosing Regimes_
View Single Post
Old 10-12-2005, 12:13 PM   #17
Georgiadawgger
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (14/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by scolley
Craig - I'm sure this is kidstuff for all you dry dosers out there, but would you mind posting the levels your recommended doses will raise the levels of a given macro/micro? For instance (I'll show my dry fert ignorance here)...

Tank's (1)
20~40gal
+/-1/4Tsp-KN03 3x a week - raises K by X ppm, N by Y ppm
+/-1/16+Tsp-KH2P04 3x aweek - raises K by X ppm, P by Y ppm
+/-1/16+Tsp K2S04 3x a week - raises K by X ppm
+/-5ml Trace 3x a week - unknown
+/-1-2ml Fe/Iron 3x a week - raises Fe by X ppm

What we are ultimately providing is macros/micros and having a corresponding understanding of the impact of the added would be great - at the very least an understanding of macro/micro uptake rates. Thanks.

Actually, google the Fertilator (won't provide link since its from another forum). That thing will calculate ppm from dry or wet ferts based on tank size.

Marcel, I may try the drop of chlorine...the wierd thing is I think my tap water is chock full of it already (it smells like a swimming pool and taste's like a$$--ever tried Potomic River water ?).

When I was conducting my research I sowed my seeds and grew the seedlings in hydroponic solutions (Rorison's) and we always added about 2 mL of 10% HCl and refrigerated it.

Maybe I got a bad batch of Plantex??? Actually, I don't mind the frequent mixing...the woman calls me the "mad scientist" whenever I break out the graduated cylinder, DI water and some random powder!!