The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - NEW: 30gallon tall riparium
View Single Post
Old 06-12-2012, 01:25 AM   #18
Gooberfish
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (1/100%)
Send a message via AIM to Gooberfish

The Riparium package came today!

I was just leaving class when my Dad texted me. I immediately went into a LFS and picked up a black background and thermometer and rushed home.

I encourage anyone thinking of starting a riparium to document your setup and support Hydrophyte's Riparium Supply business. With our order he added some potting mix, gro soil tabs and two plants! It came to us in Northern CA very quickly and so far things are looking promising.

I immediately opened the box and planted the two plants. Spathiphyllum 'Golden Glow' and Lagenandra thwaitesii, an emersed crypt.

Click image for larger version

Name:	CIMG3600.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	94.5 KB
ID:	49038

The Golden Glow is not pictured that is the Lagenandra thwaitessii.

Name:	CIMG3601.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	64.6 KB
ID:	49037

Detailed directions on how to assemble the plants in the planter

Name:	CIMG3602.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	88.7 KB
ID:	49039

I topped it off with more potting mix than that but I'm pretty damn sure that's what it's supposed to look like.

Name:	CIMG3603.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	91.2 KB
ID:	49043

Boom. Ready for action.

We had some issues with water clarity so we did a 90% water change and are starting a new cycling period with that. So far the water is much more clear but we'll have our eyes on it. I really enjoy this part of starting up a riparium or aquarium. The blank canvas where your mind runs wild with ideas. Tomorrow is the big plant shopping day when my LFS get their new stuff in. Stay tuned.
Gooberfish is offline   Reply With Quote