The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - Mini Zen Garden
Thread: Mini Zen Garden
View Single Post
Old 06-10-2012, 11:40 PM   #1
MABJ
Invert Warrior

PTrader: (14/100%)
Default Mini Zen Garden

Hey everybody. This is my first thread. I'm a recent convert from AA, where they didn't treat us so well..

I've got a few tanks, but I've recently been wanting to start a really interesting planted mini cube.

A lot of people push sand around, well I think a peaceful little underwater garden would be just as neat.

So I went and picked up a cheap little cube, and I soon noticed someone here had a thread where he used it as a hospital tank for plant clippings and an avacado pit. I think it is such a nice tank, albeit cheaply made.

So I picked up a .5 gallon Marina 'betta' kit. For $8 shipped, WOW what a deal...

The tank is shaped pretty cool and it has a great lid.

So down to the basics. I don't really want any life in it. Copepods will be inevitable, so will some snails. But I want a cool look for it.

http://www.petco.com/product/106657/...7-_-image_link

That's the tank, and the childish backgrounds pop right out.

I was thinking a Dwarf Riccia carpet on all 4 sides, and an interesting assortment/array of plants in the raised middle.

I'm looking for suggestions on the type of plant to go in the middle, keeping in mind it cant grow too tall, and I'm looking for a suggested filter, because I know I don't like how water gets when stagnant.

Thanks for help with my first post!
MABJ is offline   Reply With Quote