The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - ADA 90P Iwugami (56K Warning) Updated 5/16/2013
View Single Post
Old 06-07-2012, 08:23 AM   #27
styxx
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (13/100%)
Send a message via AIM to styxx

@ pandacory, At the moment I'm just using a digital wall timer. I have considered using the multi-controller, but at this time, I'm just using one Grobeam 1000 tile. If I find that I need to use the second one on this tank I will probably add the upgraded controller. First, it does support 4 channels (2 per tile) and second (and more importantly) it eliminates the need for the power "brick" that accompanies each tile. The down side is that the damn multi-controller is exceptionally expensive (more than the cost of a single Grobeam 1000 tile itself). I'd rather reinvest that $ into plants for the time being. Yes the light spread is about 18" x 18" so perfect for my size tank, though considering the height of my stand, I'm holding off on adding the second one to see what kind of results I get. From looking at the light when lit, I'm now worried about algae should I add the second tile to the mix. I tend to agree with you about the G6.

@ Ozydego, yes I'm watching Pugman's thread closely. I wish I could afford a 180P OMG! I'm so jealous! I think flow will be sufficient given the size of my tank, and I'm not really keeping any fish that need a river, lol.
styxx is offline   Reply With Quote