The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - Fluval Edge 6 Gallon Planted Aquarium (First Attempt)
View Single Post
Old 06-07-2012, 05:07 AM   #3
sugarbyte
Planted Member

PTrader: (0/0%)

Hey, welcome to the forums

The fluval substrate is awesome. Depending on what plants you plan on growing, some fertilizer tabs/capsules might be really beneficial.

Keep in mind that the Edge has a major flaw for growing aquatic plants: getting light to reach the corners and edges. With this in mind, make sure you plant your higher-light demanding plants closer to the middle. There are a ton of modifications worth looking into for the fluval edge. There is also a list of low-light plants available on the low tech forum which could help you choose the right plants for the look you're going for.

I think your safest bet is to go with low-medium light plants for the fluval edge.

I've never kept GBR but I don't think I would put 2 in a 6 gallon. I don't believe the inch per gallon rule should apply when it comes to nano tanks. A Convict Cichlid can reach 4 inches, that doesn't mean you should put it in a 6 gallon. Just my opinion

Unfortunately one of the downsides of nano tanks is the stocking limitations.
There is a nano-fish list available on the nano planted tank forum if you're looking for nano compatible fish. I've found it very useful for myself.

Good luck and enjoy the fluval edge!
sugarbyte is offline   Reply With Quote