The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - CalmSeasQuest's 12G Long Iwagumi
View Single Post
Old 06-04-2012, 07:29 PM   #20
CalmSeasQuest
Algae Grower

PTrader: (1/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anhvu View Post
Hey Tom, did you test the light yet? Any pic for us?
I got the stand completed (finally.) The Mr. Aqua stand required so much finish work, I would have been far better off building one from scratch (not to mention the missing hardware.)

I only had a few moments, but I put the tank on the stand, grabbed a few quick photos and PAR measurements. I'm very pleased with the results. My guess at PAR was pretty close. If needed (largely depending on the aquascape) I can dim these to lower the PAR output. The quality of the light is better than I had expected.

I used an Apogee MQ-200...

These PAR measurements were taken in "open air". Based on my experience, they will differ little when measured with water in the tank. The fact that these lights use surface mounted emitters without any optics might provide different results through water - I'll remeasure once the tank is wet.

I had originally planned on setting this up as a peninsular, dividing the kitchen from the family room. I found that it's just to small and didn't provide balance to either room. Instead it's set up behind a couch on the opposite side of the room from the reef tanks.

The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man. - George Bernard Shaw

12G Long Iwagumi
12G Rimless Club
CalmSeasQuest is offline   Reply With Quote