The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - Captain Harlocks Chest of Eden 2.0 (my 45 gallon tub pond)
View Single Post
Old 05-08-2012, 04:01 AM   #11
Eldachleich
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (3/100%)

Got a few floaters. I have to replace them every so often because the goldfish eat the roots.
They love them.
It gets kind of expensive. I intend on getting more water lettuce, and more marginals with time.
Since its spring the price of the marginals went up to $10 a pot..
And a pot goes a long way in this pond.
I do have one pond marginal right now... I'm still debating which other ones I want...
My marginal is water forget me not's.. Pretty blue flowers with large cascading leaves.
I just got it.
The one gallon pot it comes in is too big so I split it into 3 smaller pots. Two in the front corner and one in the back.
It didnt lbeing torn apart and shoved into new smaller pots.
So alot of the growth wilted. But I do see new flowers and new sturdy growth so. Heres to hoping!
Two things I've noticed... It doesnt like being handled at all..
And it doesnt like alot of sun.

Other than that.. Heres some full shots of the tub. More marginals will eventually cover the rim of the tub, hiding the sides.
And eventually all the seeds I planted in between the bricks. will spring forth into life.
So it looks pretty crappy right now...
I also need to do something about that hose as well... Make some sort of water fall...
A planted water fall...
And in the last shot you can see two of my goldfish happily munching on the water velvet.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2012050795192218.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	127.9 KB
ID:	47066  

Name:	2012050795192323.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	109.5 KB
ID:	47067