The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - Christel Kasselmann / Seattle / September 15th
View Single Post
Old 04-27-2012, 10:08 PM   #16
Seattle_Aquarist
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (37/100%)

Hi All,

Christel was nice enough to provide us with her Bio and the subject of her GSAS lecture here in Seattle on September 15th. Remember, September 15th is just around the corner and if you are going to be in Seattle and wish to attend this once in a decade event start planning now! If you are not a Greater Seattle Aquarium Society (GSAS) member you are still welcome to attend, however to insure a seat you need to contact me at:

seattle.aquarist at gmail.com

We hope to see you here!
-Roy

Quote:
Biography

Christel Kasselmann is an internationally recognized expert on aquarium plants. On more than 45 expeditions during the last 30 years into the tropics she studied the requirements of aquarium plants. She has published over 350 articles about aquarium plants in Germany and over 50 articles in foreign countries. These articles deal with the origins of water plants and their growth in their natural environment. Moreover, she described several new species and varieties. For about 30 years Christel Kasselmann has been the editor and the chairwoman of the internationally recognized Aqua Planta magazine on aquatic plants. She wrote four books which were translated in about 10 languages; two of them “Planted Aquariums” and “Aquarium Plants” (Krieger Publishing, Florida) were translated in English. In 2010 the last edition of “Aquarium Plants” was published in Germany with over 450 described species. At home she cultivates six large planted tanks with 4000 Liters (1060 gallons) in total.

About the lecture
With my presentation on "New and rare aquarium plants" I would like to take you on a journey around the world showing you interesting aquarium plants at their natural habitats (ecology), discuss water values ​​and the cultivation of these aquarium plants in tanks. I prefer the traditional growth style known as the Dutch plant aquariums and I will show you many pictures that demonstrate how beautiful tanks can look like. As the title of the lecture implies you are going to see many pictures of new and unusual aquarium plants. Join me on a journey around the tropical regions of the world looking for interesting aquarium plants. I will give my best to entertain you!

After my lecture I would like to discuss aquarium plants, their needs in the aquarium and in nature: light, water, substrate, temperature etc.

Seattle_Aquarist is online now   Reply With Quote