The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - Help with high nitrite
View Single Post
Old 04-23-2012, 02:58 PM   #5
Humm

PTrader: (0/0%)

MochaLatte an Diana, thanks for your advice!!!

Just an update of what I did.... After the first water change on the last Friday I went to a local PetSmart and the Veterinary there advised me to use Kordon AmQuel Plus Ammonia Detoxifier. With this product no water changes are needed... I used the product as instructed by the Veterinary (every 24 hours) and the water now is perfect, without water changes.

Here is the product description:
- Unique water conditioner providing actions needed for safe aquarium and pond keeping for fishes and invertebrates
- Nontoxic and saves on the need for as many water changes as would otherwise be required
- Removes 33 ppm (= 33 mg/L) of all chlorines including those chlorines in chloramines from the water
- Removes/detoxifies all of the kinds of toxic nitrogen compounds in the water
- Removes/detoxifies all forms of ammonia/ammonium/nitrites/nitrates from the water, including ammonia in chloramines
- Reduces the need for water quality tests for chlorine, ammonia, nitrite, and nitrate
- Removes/detoxifies toxic pheromones from the water
- Does not affect the water's pH (acidity/basicity)
- Does not interfere with the beneficial nitrifying bacteria or their food sources
- Does not interfere with the beneficial sludge-removing bacteria or their food sources
- Is completely amine-free
- Is safe to use with other water conditioners and organic herbal fish medications
- Is not affected by filtration or activated carbon filters
Humm is offline   Reply With Quote