The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - Finnex FugeRay Product Review
View Single Post
Old 04-21-2012, 10:03 AM   #13
samamorgan
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (3/100%)
Send a message via MSN to samamorgan Send a message via Skype™ to samamorgan

Yeah after he mentioned that i checked it out. Here's an easy way to compare it: FugeRay emmiters per foot: 44, Ray II 18" and 24" emmiters per foot: 96, Ray II 16" emmiters per foot: 66.

That means that the 18" and 24" Ray II would have about 2.2x the output as the 12" FugeRay. The 16" would be somewhere in the middle at 1.5x the output. That would make the Ray II about perfect at the 18" water depth level if im not mistaken. I still cant make sense of that PAR value graph on the Ray II site though. Wish these came in 30" lengths, i'd try one out for my 20 Long rimless. Oh and dimmable, that would be orgasmic. Thought that wouldn't be very hard to wire. I did take the fixture apart to check out the internals, i could rewire this thing pretty easily. I'm contemplating switching out two of the blue moonlight LEDs for white ones so it's not so blue at night, would just take a heat gun, some reflow solder paste, and a few extra 3014 SMD LEDs.
Originally Posted by Ludwig van Beethoven
Don't only practice your art, but force your way into it's secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine.
samamorgan is offline   Reply With Quote