The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - My 40 gallon Garden
View Single Post
Old 04-13-2012, 09:20 PM   #1
Zefrik
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (0/0%)
Default My 40 gallon Garden

I decided to start a journal for this tank because, well, I spent a lot of time and money on it. I really don't know what kind of tank this is though. I am aiming for having it as a nice looking display tank, but also I want it to also be somewhere I can "farm" plants and hold extra plants that will be traded later on. I am going to be moving in a few months but I went ahead and set this tank up because I was overflowing with plants. I didn't want to get rid of the plants yet though, because I wanted to continue stocking up on plants.

I have been experimenting lately with growing plants in large amounts. I have 2 emersed setups, a 40 and a 55 gallon tanks. I have a 10 gallon shrimp tank, I 14 gallon low-tech planted, 29 gallon high-tech planted and now a 40 gallon breeder High-tech setup. I am wanting to add to this as I want to start to have more shrimp tanks and I want to try my hand at breeding some more varieties.

But I have put a lot of time and money into this 40 gallon tank. This tank was going to be a lot less fancy than it is now. I was going to have a Aquaclear 70 on it with a couple shop lights over it. I was going to use black diamond sand and root tabs. But it has turned into T5, eco-complete, eheim filtered aquarium.

I will get pictures up later. My camera is not working. I am going to ask my brother if I can borrow his again.

Here is the equipment I currently have:

Filter - Eheim 2217 classic
Heater - All glass aquarium heater ( I am getting a new heater later)
Co2 Regulator - Aquatic Life
Co2 tank - 20oz paintball tank ( I have a five pound that I am going to get filled soon)
Co2 Diffuser - UP aqua glass ceramic diffuser
Light - Aquatic Life T5 HO 36" freshwater fixture
Substrate - 80 pounds of Eco-Complete

*Pictures Later
Zefrik is offline   Reply With Quote