The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - 12 Gallon Long Rimless "Escape" Updated 4/17
View Single Post
Old 03-27-2012, 03:43 PM   #157
manualfocus
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (30/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by somewhatshocked View Post
Some larger Marsilea variety? Flame moss in small amounts is perfect for this tank. Darker types of Bacopa kept trimmed short like salzmannii. Linderina 'varigated' mixed with some sort of Bacopa in bunches would look nice. Rotala indica. Large groups of C. parva.
I have none of those plants except for some patches of Flame moss and C. Parva! Thanks for the suggestions, though. I'll dig around my collectoritis tank to see what I can come up with. I'll probably end up removing half the rocks and use them for a scape in my Fluval Edge tank.

Quote:
Originally Posted by madness View Post
Jimko grows incredible moss. The fissidens and round pellia that I got from him last year looked they were taken out of a photo shoot when they arrived and the other plants and fire reds that I got from him at various times were all top notch as well.

Not sure how he does it but he appears to have some sort of magic touch.
Agreed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by madness View Post
BTW, I have some round pellia that wound up in the 'fork' of a tree shaped bit of malaysian driftwood and attached somehow. I have never tried to pull it free but it is right under the HoB return and when I add water it doesn't budge either.

Definitely doesn't seem to attach like moss though.
I've got some round pellia as well and to be honest, I never know what to do with it. Doesn't seem like it has uses like other mosses where you can tie it and it'll make a nice tree effect.