The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - Frank's Planted Tank How-To Mini Novel - The Mini S Returns! New Layout
View Single Post
Old 03-23-2012, 05:21 AM   #183
Francis Xavier
Planted Tank Jedi

PTrader: (24/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chlorophile View Post
Because most companies would be throwing their money away packaging those sorts of things.

And yes I crafted my statements with a purpose, but not to be argumentative.

As for people asking me to buy the products and test them myself, I have the facilities to perform thorough bioassays on the ADA products.
It's just a guess, but I think that's the last thing ADA wants or they would have data on their products.
That's why an American company couldn't sell these kinds of things, the majority of our companies don't have the kind of apple-esque appeal and following to turn a profit without proof, data, ingredient lists, msds, etc. (does ADA have msds sheets? Seems like they would have to have something like it)

But no I'm not going to buy them and test them, send me something and I'll ask some of my professors for greenhouse space.
Hey - if you don't want to use them, great! Good on ya. Take the lessons I've laid out here and use them to the capacity that you can. Don't waste your money on makin' the same old mistakes to any capacity. More importantly I would encourage you to not waste time on difficult methods.

Afterall, the reason for the thread isn't so much about product as it is about technique and methodology - product is a byproduct of that for making the job easier and being an effective tool that works.

I'll be honest with everyone in two respects: one, you would be very, very surprised at the stuff that American aquarium companies get away with selling - much worse than the evil additives. Two: the primary market for ADA is Japan, so the majority of the information is based on that market's demands. Take that for what you will.

The only honest assessment here is: the products don't need to be proven, they've already been proven time and time again. This isn't a new line fresh on the market.

I totally encourage you to go start a fundraiser, buy the products, do the testing and publish the results. I'll happily welcome whatever data comes about.
Francis Xavier is offline   Reply With Quote