The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - My list of LFS in CT
View Single Post
Old 03-15-2012, 04:52 AM   #1
Mikezilla
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
Default My list of LFS in CT

Not sure how many folks on this forum are from Connecticut, but i wanted to make a quick list of any LFS that i can think of, and how good they are. I plan to update this list if i discover any new places. These are in no specific order:

Purr-Fect Pets, Milford: Closed

This place was awesome, they had a huge variety of FW fish and plants as well as some SW. I worked there in the aquatics department for a year prior to the shutdown.

Slither and Swim, West Haven (I work here!)

Before i got a weekend job working here i always loved the store. It's fairly small and deals only with fish and reptiles. Very good selection of FW fish and African Cichlids, we don't carry SW fish however. Decent variety of plants, if there's something specific that you want we can most likely get it for you.

Statewide Pets, Orange

This place is so-so. There's a somewhat decent selection of fish sometimes, other times its terrible.

Waterbury Aquarium, Waterbury

I just recently found out about this place, and it seems pretty cool. The guy there who i believe was the owner was very helpful. I saw a big selection of plants and i was impressed with the fw fish selection. Definitely taking another trip there.

Aquatic Wildlife, Manchester

This is my favorite LFS that i know of in CT. Huge selection of both fresh and saltwater, and the largest selection of plants I've seen. Everyone there is very knowledgeable and friendly, and everything is fairly cheap compared to other stores.
Mikezilla is offline   Reply With Quote