The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - The Fisherman's 20 Long Journal - The Workbench
View Single Post
Old 03-01-2012, 04:46 PM   #183
crazydaz
Friggin. Conformist.

PTrader: (68/100%)
Send a message via Skype™ to crazydaz

WOW! Nice Fisherman!!! The syngonanthus species LOVE CO2, but it does cause them to get leggy sometimes. Top and replant, but you are at a similar point that I go through....not enough space, and you hate yourself for throwing them out. You could try to RAOK some, but it gets hard to do that every week. You may want to increase your ferts a touch to keep everything colored up nicely and curb the leggy growth. See if that helps.

Limnophilia Aromatica is used as an herb for cooking, but you probably knew that...

Glad to hear that the root tabs/CO2 is helping with your Parva growth, man! It is a nice crypt!

And, I second GM's comment above: I really like your emersed crypt set up!!! How hard is that to do? I've been thinking about trying something similar, but am afraid that with my wicked travel schedule things could go wrong pretty quickly. I'm also fearful that it might smell to high heaven and my wife would make me get rid of it. How do you fertilize it?