The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - 57 Gallon Tank (Learning from my first planted tank)
View Single Post
Old 02-27-2012, 01:13 PM   #34
150EH
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (27/100%)

You tank looks nice and the Baby Tears and Dwarf Hairgrass should fill in nicely as long as there are no chiclids in your tank, they like to tug on things and re-arrange the substrate. I would think your Tiger Lotus may spring back too but I'm not quite sure if they melt like Crypts every time you move them or change anything in the tank.

It's too bad you didn't sell your filter and I think the price was fine but the whole auction was unusually small and slow, nobody was in a real spending mood and almost everything sold for $2 with only a couple exceptions. Well now that you know where to get really cheap plants and just about any variety you'll need that filter for your new tank, I think you came in too late too see Cavan's talk on the plant of the month but I think he works for the Smithsonian Institute and most of his plants are one of only a few in the country so that's why the bidding gets crazy when his plants are for sale.

Good luck with your tank and I hope to see you at the next meet.
150EH is offline   Reply With Quote