The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - 57 Gallon Tank (Learning from my first planted tank)
View Single Post
Old 02-24-2012, 07:38 PM   #26
sundragon
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (3/100%)

Update: Day 4

TGIF!

Tested the water:
pH:6.4
NH4/3: 0 ppm
NO2: 0 ppm
NO3: between 20-30 ppm
Did a 20% water change

It's cycled!

I have had a bad experience ordering plants online. The plants are nothing special: dwarf hair grass, and red tiger lotuses. One delivery arrived with 2 dead lotuses and one with a single leaf. I have planted that with hope. Another place I ordered from last Friday with the knowledge that it was all in stock and gonna ship next day on Tuesday. Didin't hear a peep so I emailed them for more information on Wednesday evening and got excuses about needing special instructions for no reason and- the hairgrass is backordered for two weeks...

Le sigh...

On the bright side - I ordered some Christmas moss through Aquabid and it arrived on time and looking beautiful - tied some to the driftwood while doing the water change. Can't wait to see how that develops!

But I've done some research on Discus and I think I will be purchasing a few soon. Just trying to decide on which types the Pigeon blood/dragon's are really sweet looking fish.
sundragon is offline   Reply With Quote