The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - Aquarium Depot!
Thread: Aquarium Depot!
View Single Post
Old 02-17-2012, 04:58 AM   #7
brooklynfishman
Planted Member

PTrader: (13/100%)
Default Ad

Just my two cents...I dont think Aquarium Center, Aquarium Depot will EVER be the same and that is down right a shame as that used to be one of the best aquarium stores ever in the US, i have lived in 7 states and traveled alot and I can honestlt say that.

Once one partner was bought out by the other, thats when the store went doen hill. The partner that retained ownership, did and does not want to reinvest in the store for some reason. He basically said no more wholesale to us tank maintence guys and right there he lost about 20% of his business.

Then there was a mass exodus of employees and that just sealed the deal. I remember I used to spend hours in that store looking at new and rare fish and plants, not to mention there dry goods section. Last time I was in there, I was in and out in less then 10 minutes as there was NOTHING to look at. This was a year ago and have not been back since.

I REALLY hope they can come back and try to be the store that they once were. Such a great store.....GONE.....

Last edited by brooklynfishman; 02-17-2012 at 04:58 AM.. Reason: spelling
brooklynfishman is offline   Reply With Quote