The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - 2.5 gallon -Endless Algae- 2/5/12 algae rescape
View Single Post
Old 02-07-2012, 01:03 AM   #23
Monster Fish
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (32/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xenxes View Post
LOL it's like a toxic gas cloud of ALGAE!!!
Lol I was trying to go for that look.
Quote:
Originally Posted by skindy View Post
I loveee the hair algae. It looks so fluffy - I kind of want to run my fingers through it, haha! Beautiful!
But it's very coarse and slippery. Thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferretowner96 View Post
I have more of that stuff if you want it! I had a 55 gallon with and boy did it grow fast! I do like the looks of it. the shrimp oughta like that!
Lol. Thanks. Yeah, the shrimp are constantly swimming in and out of the "toxic gas cloud".
Quote:
Originally Posted by diwu13 View Post
Looks like a scene from "The Mist". Hair algae in that amount looks CRAZY out of the water. I never knew they would have cotton candy consistency.

Will you get another heater for the tank? Maybe one of those reptile ones that you can rest the tank on?
Lol I wish it was cotton candy so I could eat it. As for another heater, I am probably not gonna be adding a new one. The room temperature stays in the lower 70's during the day and the light over the tank bumps the temp up maybe a degree or two up. Also the desk the tank is on sits right next to a heater for those really cold days. Besides, from what I've read, fluctuating temperatures might help them get into a breeding mood.
RAOK Club #77|The Fraternity of Dirt #112
Monster Fish is offline   Reply With Quote