Did a water change, cleaned out the filter (and found a shrimp living off the biofilm in it), and rescaped the tank.
Decided to divide the tank to half rockwork, half algae and keep the center open for feeding.
I took out the hair algae, rolled it into a ball with my hands, and cut it up with some scissors to get the fluffy effect.
Added more lava rocks to the otherside of the tank to increase the places they could hide and possibly breed.
Other than that, I removed the heater from the tank since it stopped working. I can't really rely on Hydro Mini Heaters for consistent heating (this is the third that has died on me).
Anyways I reduced the salinity and specific gravity from 26 ppt and 1.019 to 17 ppt and 1.012. The temperature is currently 73 degrees but fluctuates depending on how long the light is on. I would test the other params but I am not sure if the freshwater master kit would work in brackish/salt water.
One last pic taken during the daytime.