The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - The Fisherman's 20 Long Journal - The Workbench
View Single Post
Old 02-03-2012, 03:45 AM   #71
thefisherman
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (12/100%)

i'm diggin that bamboo forest xenxes ya that limno repens is kinda crazy... it grows well emersed and submersed as long as its got dirt lol. the best part about it submersed tho is you can let them grow tall or you can shape them like a chia pet lol.

i thought of using the moisture control stuff before, but i opted for using miracle grow cactus/citrus mix. i liked it because it was a loose soil that drained easily. again this soil was intended for my emersed pots only... it wasn't until i had a pile of extra mud that i decided to throw it into my little 5g with a pfs cap.

i posted it this morning in another thread, it was totally murky for a month, it only started to clear a few days ago. no fish in it tho, its a plant only. i haven't tested the water but i'm sure there was all kind of spikes going on in there...plants happy as heck tho it seems.

+1 on cable's comment regarding the moss... and don't sweat it, i may have a clump of xmas moss for you next ROAK :O
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	photo (31).jpg
Views:	30
Size:	122.5 KB
ID:	41342  

The Fisherman's Workbench
thefisherman is offline   Reply With Quote