Thread: captain nemo's
View Single Post
Old 02-01-2012, 11:10 PM   #10
DaveK
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (0/0%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by scapegoat View Post
i used to love martin's... for however disgusting the place was, i loved walking to the place as a child and just looking at everything. Anyone remember the monkey they had in there?

knowing that nemo's is/was owned by the owner of martin's makes sense as to how they've been changing... i used to love nemo's... but then the kid section went in... then the birds and cat/dog toys...

really... they should have expanded their fish section to offer a great selection to draw people from Hidden Reef. i think trying to do to much is what is costing them business.
I think adding additional product lines was what killed Martin's They lost the focus on fish. Some of the same people involved in Captain Nemo's and adding additional product lines seem to have done the same thing to them.

To be fair though, in this day and age it's extremely difficult to keep a business going just selling aquarium products and livestock. Even That Fish Place changed it's name to That Pet Place and now carries stuff for just about every pet.

I figure I'll get the new owners a month or two, and then visit them and see what I think of the store. Got to at least give them a chance, but I'm not expecting much.
DaveK is offline   Reply With Quote