View Single Post
Old 01-31-2012, 05:53 PM   #5
KingPlakat
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (19/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonwasaloon View Post
Pets Plus = Bad News

The best thing about captain nemos was that it was owned by the original owner of Martins Aquarium. ( My dad worked at Martins for 5 years in the late 70's) I believe Pets Plus bought them awhile ago.

I was at captain nemos today and they remodeled the whole place, it is now 50 percent other animal stuff. It's no longer a fish store. , and their plant stock was just awful. They had Anubias nana for 6.99 with only three or four leaves. Anubias nana petite with only about 6 leaves for 6.99. Their Java Fern was all black.

For RCS, it was 3.99 a piece!

I will never go there again, what a waste of time. It's a shame...
I second that...I won't be going back for at least a few months. They basically destroyed the fish section. It no longer has that WOW...this place is cool....mentality. Now it's just walls of tanks with sick fish in about 75% of the tanks. The plant section was horrid. Most plants were not even labeled in their correct spots and when you actually found a plant that was still alive, you saw the price tag and changed your mind instantly. A lot of their plants were just kinda floating in the tanks instead of being weighted down which caused some of the leaves to be all dried up and dead.
KingPlakat is offline   Reply With Quote