The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - **Official TPT NIKON Pimp Club** Join us instead, Canon has cooties!
View Single Post
Old 01-29-2012, 03:58 AM   #39
robbowal
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (0/0%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsmith View Post
I'm just use to the 18-55 lens I have which I think is the mm of it. When you say 60mm or 90mm are those set and you can't zoom or am I completely missing it?

My manager snagged the same camera/lens I got in my kit but his also included a 55-200 (I believe) lens too with his kit (from Costco for only $200 more than what I paid I think). That would be a good macro lens right?

I haven't even dl any of the free software that you recommended in other threads. I guess I'll just check out that gimp tomorrow at work and see what it's like.

Do you have any input on taking HDR shots or could tell me how to do it? Some of the HDR shots I have seen look unbelievable.
bsmith
If you are on a budget look into getting a good 50mm prime (f1.2 or f1.4 if the budget wont strech to the 1.2) and some macro extender tubes (that way you will have the best of both worlds without too much of the cost of buying two lenses)
gimp is very good seeing as its free!
Just some frendly advise from the canon camp
Canon Pimp Club #003
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." Albert Einstein
"Living in the lap of luxury isn`t bad, except you never know when luxury is going to stand up." Orson Welles
robbowal is offline   Reply With Quote