The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - **Official TPT NIKON Pimp Club** Join us instead, Canon has cooties!
View Single Post
Old 01-29-2012, 03:16 AM   #37
GraphicGr8s
Supreme ruler & master

PTrader: (10/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nubster View Post
HDR requires HDR software. There are ways you can mimic it in PS but true HDR needs the HDR program. HDR is really cool looking though. I had a program but I lost it when my last computer went down. I never really got the chance to play around with it.

And yeah, like TickleMyElmo said, when the lens is just a 60mm or 90mm or whatever, it is a prime lens which means it's a fixed focal length. Generally they are sharper lenses but they are also more expensive. I really like shooting primes but sometimes I like to have the ability to zoom. Right now I have 30mm, 50mm, and 90mm primes in my kit and one zoom that goes from 70-300mm. If I had the money though, I'd probably replace them with a couple nice zooms and keep the 50mm and 90mm Macro.
Photoshop CS4 had HDR in it but it stunk. CS5 has it and they've really improved the algorithms for HDR. No need any more to go to Photomatix now.
GraphicGr8s is offline   Reply With Quote