The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - **Official TPT NIKON Pimp Club** Join us instead, Canon has cooties!
View Single Post
Old 01-28-2012, 07:36 AM   #30
bsmith
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (278/99%)

I have had my d3100 for about a year. What a revelation! My wife and I purchased it a few months after our daughter was born (but I was pushing for one for a while for aquarium related duties). I never realized how incapable the p&s's I owned over the years were till I got my Nikon. I thought I was doing something wrong (im not anything to brag about by any means but after reading countless threads/write ups/whatever info I could find and putting that into practice and still producing pictures that simply lacked what I was looking for). Then after the first series of pix I shot with the d3100 and the first upload to the PC, I knew right then and there that it wasn't me, it was the cameras that lacking. Again, I am not even close to being a true photo enthusiast but the d3100 just makes it so easy!

So next on the wish list is a tripod and a nice macro lens. The 18-55 that came with the kit is a very good (in my newbie opinion) all around lens but for proper macro shots it just isn't the best. I'm accepting recommendations!

I have also been wanting to DL some editing software but refuse to pay the $$$ that is required to get PS or any other editing programs. Any direction there would also be helpful.
bsmith is offline   Reply With Quote