The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - 40B of Obscurity...yellow neo tank, now running, with pics.
View Single Post
Old 01-16-2012, 07:42 PM   #14
Nubster
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (16/100%)

Couple shots of my girls...there are at least 5 berried yellows in the tank right now. I did make a huge goof last night...

I caught all my yellows and had them in a breeder box. There had to be about 20 since there was a preggo shrimp that I got with the shipment when I first got them. So I had the adults and the babies in the box. I took the box out and hung it in my big tank with the RCS. Tore down the 20g and got the 40B up. I decided to let it run over night with the heater and filters to let everything kinda get where it needed to be. This morning I go in to move the yellows over and wouldn't ya know it....the rim of the breeder box got down below the surface of the water and yup...you guessed it, the box was empty. So now there are around 20 yellow neos mixed in with my RCS. Not a huge deal since I don't care much about the purity of the shrimp in that tank. It's going to be my melting pot tank anyways. But....I want to breed yellows so now I'm netting out yellows as I see them in the big tank. So far I think I got all the berried females and a few males, so 8 shrimp maybe altogether. The babies, probably never get them, at least until they are bigger. If I don't, oh well. I'm hoping to get my 20L up and running soon enough so I can start pulling the nicer RCS out and adding some new blood to them. So...here are a couple shots. I'll get a tank shot up later this evening.

EVIL Camera Pimp member #1
NIKON Pimp Club member #012
SunSun Pimp Club member #069

20L OEBT/Super Tiger/PFR Tank 20L Yellow Neo tank

Nubster is offline   Reply With Quote