Last week I took out the emperor tetras and now I replaced them with a pair of bolivian rams.
I didn't have good luck with them in the way past, but hopefully they will make the acclimation period this time. So far so good. In other news, I think I will be taking out the cherry barbs sooner than I thought. The one male is in breeding season over-drive and is terrorizing all the barbs and rasporas ( all which are in the cyprinidae family, hmmmmm). So after the holidays, those cherries are out!
Coralife Power Compact, Aqueon Power Filter, Eheim 2213, Hydor Theo, Hydor Koralia.
Flourish, Flourish Root Tabs, and DIY Co2
6x Harlequin Rasporas, 4x Cherry Barbs, 2x Gold Barbs, 2x Black Skirt Tetras, 2x Bolivian Rams, 4x Amano Shrimp, 2x Nerites
Bacopa sp, Ludwigia Repens, Ludwigia Palustris, Rotala Indica, Nesaea, Crypt Wendtii, Crypt Spiralis, Jungle Val, Cardamine Lyrata, Dwarf Sag, Hygrophila Compact, Wisteria, Tiger Lotus, and Melon Sword or Ozelot Sword.
Notice how all the fish are staying in the left side of the tank, while the lone cherry barb stays to the right of the tank.
Ram looking a little stress. Colors should come out soon.
BNP! Man I love this guy