The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - wine making equipment
View Single Post
Old 08-15-2003, 11:52 AM   #9
Janice
Algae Grower
 
PTrader: (0/0%)
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 18
Default

Great airlock description, Digger. Doesn't it seem like an airlock could somehow be revamped and used in the DIY CO2 process?

I'm still relatively new to this. I have a neighbor who's had a gorgeous 125g planted tank for about 7 years, and I've always been fascinated by it. So I decided to start with a 3 gallon Eclipse which I've had for about 3 months now. I made a lot of mistakes before I found this website...my first set of plants died because the plant light in the Eclipse tank could not support their needs...and I did have a bad yeast back up overflow that filled the tank and killed my two neons. It was only in there for about 45 minutes before I noticed and I drained and refilled the tank immediately. My Oto survived this ordeal and now I find myself very attached to him.

At this point, my plants are doing very well and I have to unhook the CO2 tube at night or the tank gets too much.

I did also try adding Yeast Nutrient to my last CO2 recipe and found my zebra danio lying on the ground gasping. I quickly drained some water out, added some new and he's been fine ever since.
__________________
Eclipse system 3, substrate topsoil and gravel, planted, 4 watts per gallon, DIY CO2, one Betta.

55 Gallon tank, substrate flourite, planted, 4 clown loaches, one pleco, 6 zebra danios, two ghost shrimp, two algea eating shrimp, 5 cherry barbs, 2 Siamese algea eaters, one angel fish, 4 albino glowlite tetras and two really adorable weather loaches.
Janice is offline   Reply With Quote