The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - wine making equipment
View Single Post
Old 08-14-2003, 10:29 PM   #8
Planted Tank Enthusiast
PTrader: (0/0%)
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Posts: 519
Send a message via ICQ to digger

An airlock is a glass tube about 3/8" in diameter, formed like a paperclip.
It can hold water, like a trap in plumbing. The gas can escape, but spores and bacteria are stopped by the water in the trap.
digger is offline   Reply With Quote