I know this tank really has not come together and I don't update it enough. Unfortunately, not a great update.
I was having some major BBA issues and I am not sure why. Some people say that having multiple fixtures of the ones I have can cause this problem. I am planning to get a new fixture soon but wanted to try something new. Unfortunately I do not have shots after, will come soon, but I did have to trim the plants back quite a bit because of algae issues.
However, I did go DIRT! It wasn't actually messy at all, surprisingly. The only messy part was cleaning my old substrate. The dirt went in with no mess, and no issues after capping or planting. Just made sure to fill the tank slowly. Here are some pics:
Soil I used:
Full shots tonight