The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - 36 Gallon Bowfront Light
View Single Post
Old 12-03-2011, 04:16 PM   #13
Hoppy
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (74/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titan17 View Post
One more question for you I was viewing your chart on par and under the examples for poor reflectors I am almost positive you used the image of a Current USA Nova Extreme T5ho fixture that I have on my 40 breeder. Everyone says that this is ridiculously high light for this tank, however, if I am reading your chart right it is only low to medium light. Am I correct?
Until someone does a check with a PAR meter I don't know how much light you get from the Nova Extreme light. But, I expect that it will be low to medium light on that tank. You can do only so much estimating by looking at the reflectors. (I also don't know if that light has a good T5HO ballast or one of the cheap ballasts that drive it at lower than HO power.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titan17 View Post
Thanks for the killer info. Would it hurt to get the FishNeedIt 30" fixture? I don't want to hang the fixture so I would like to just put it above the tank on the supplied legs if possible. I don't want to do C02. The plants I would like to keep is Amazon Sword, Melon Sword, Anubias Nana, Dwarf Sag, Assorted Vals, and maybe some Riccia. Just saw this earlier today and I am trying to do some research on it now.
I think the 30 inch fixture stil uses 24 inch bulbs. In any case I doubt that it gives any more light than the 24 inch fixture.