The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - UPDATE: IT'S FISH TB. ...Help me diagnose this disease that's killing my fish
View Single Post
Old 12-02-2011, 06:18 AM   #21
FlyingShawn
Algae Grower

PTrader: (4/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffww View Post
Dropsy is marked by raised scales as well and a much faster decline..

Also, what temp do you keep your fish at btw?
I'm very confident that it isn't Dropsy. The bloating is too minor and it doesn't match the wasting which is the primary symptom.

I keep the tank at 78F.

I just got home (been away a few days for work) and found a couple of interesting things in my war chest (you know, it really helps to have some idea what names to look for):

-Jungle's Anti-Parasite medicated food apparently contains Prazi! I tried putting some in before I left a few days ago and it seemed everyone tasted and rejected it, but I'm hoping that'll change tomorrow since they haven't eaten in a couple of days and I'm going to try Jeffww's trick of soaking it in garlic (I'm also going to crush some of it to make it bite-size for the Cardinal Tetras in the tank).

-I also looked at the ingredients on Tetra's Parasite Guard tablets and discovered they contain "Praziquantel, Diflubenzuron, Metronidazole, and Acriflavine." Unless you guys see a reason not to, I'm thinking I'll go ahead and dose the tank with these while I wait for Charlie's meds to arrive.
FlyingShawn is offline   Reply With Quote