The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - UPDATE: IT'S FISH TB. ...Help me diagnose this disease that's killing my fish
View Single Post
Old 12-02-2011, 01:03 AM   #15
sewingalot
I ♥ BBA!

PTrader: (112/100%)
Exclamation Beware of fenbendazole!

Quote:
Originally Posted by beardedcharmer View Post
yes my bad its fenb., you can dose fenb in the water column and it is effective against more parasites than flub. you just have to be more careful with the dosing
I strongly, strongly, strongly (I can't emphasize this enough) recommend against fenbendazole. I killed at least 43 fish using half the dosage recommended by wkndracer. I had mistaken flubendazole for the same as fenbendazole. You can see the damage here (http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/1342425-post1341.html), how it doesn't disolve and also if you continue reading (back up a few pages for the beginning of the deaths), you'll see that it happened within hours and the deaths didn't stop for days. I lost almost everyone of my fish due to using this.

To the OP, that does look at lot like internal parasites, but the sunken stomach makes me worried that it's TB. Not to be gross, but how is their poop? Is it white and stringy (a good sign of pests) or is it normal looking?

Last edited by sewingalot; 12-02-2011 at 01:08 AM.. Reason: left out the link and typo
sewingalot is offline   Reply With Quote