The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - Nano for Cherrys or Tangerine Tigers
View Single Post
Old 11-10-2011, 07:39 PM   #1
150EH
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (27/100%)
Default Nano for Cherrys or Tangerine Tigers

I have a 150 gallon community tank and recently joined GWAPA, where I got a good deal on a nano 2.5 ($5) and a RedSea Nano filter in the box ($6) so I thought I would add a small heater in the filter, either Deep Blue or Hydor, and a little LED if I can get one at a decent price or a desk lamp etc.

I want to just put Red Cherry Shrimp in the tank with a little moss, maybe some tiny cholla, and float a little Riccia. I thought I could breed them here and add adults to my big tank or sell them off if it works out well. I guess I will have to cover the inlet on the nano filter with something to keep babies from getting filtered.

I did want to do something more elaborate with a UGF in a 12 gallon long, the UGF flipped upside down and capped with bio-media "coco puffs" then some stratum, etc. but this little tank came along cheap and I don't want a 2215 on a 2.5 g. tank. But as it stands I will just do Stratum alone.

I would love to hear any suggestions to help me with my setup, I can't pick up the tank and filter until early December at the next club meeting but I would like to have all my extra stuff ready to go, thanks.

Last edited by 150EH; 09-27-2012 at 04:31 AM.. Reason: update
150EH is offline   Reply With Quote