The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - "Blue Oasis" Update 9/11 Solids vs Rilis Post #98
View Single Post
Old 11-02-2011, 05:57 PM   #7
ren
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (24/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by h4n View Post
Looks like a nice start. I'm getting one for my birthday to! i'm gonig to do a moss wall also. I just started making/growing them yesterday.
thanks! i tried growing a wall of fissidens but that was taking forever to happen. from when i first started the tank until a week ago the fissiden wall only had a few leaflets coming out of the mesh that i had them in. so i decided to take it out, besides the mesh looked all yellow from the algae.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diwu13 View Post
You can really use any moss to your liking. Xmas and flame will grow out more fluffy but I use Taiwan moss and it grows out to cover the SS mesh just as well.
yeah i figured, maybe when the little shrimplets get bigger i'll just rip of the xmas off the breeding tube and turn that into a wall. but i kind of want a different type of moss... i'm opened to more suggestions

Update: looks like the eggs are coming along nicely (knock on wood). its been 2+ weeks since i put them in the bubbler. for the most part the eggs all have eyes, they should pop soon.

On another note i found a fresh molted shrimp that has frayed antennae should i be worried about it? is there anything i should do?
ren is offline   Reply With Quote