The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - wanting medium-high light for 20 long
View Single Post
Old 11-01-2011, 10:37 PM   #5
Optix
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (3/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daximus View Post
@Optix

Would they be ok with just one of those? The lights are independently switched.
1 light + his ability to move it up and down should probably work -but again, I would shoot for less light (a single T5HO can still get him too high for inconsistent DIY CO2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by andymac View Post
I'm looking for a little more than low-med light, I want to grow a nice low carpet of eleocharis parvula.

so is even 65W of PC out of the question? I think that my DIY CO2 will suffice for a med-high light, I run three 2 liter bottles and change the bottles every two weeks (not all at once)
would do just fine in low-med light (a strain of DHG right?) I have a DIY 2x14w T5NO (~6" above tank) fixture on a 20L tank and had a carpet of DHG (just removed it because I wanted to go back to glosso -growing emersed in a windowsill for another month or two probably before I have enough to start)

people want to be in teh high light range too often without understanding what it really entails ...low-med light = freedom to make mistakes and TIME to correct them
ΔΙΡΤ Fraternity, Inc. #33

Last edited by Optix; 11-02-2011 at 03:21 PM..
Optix is online now   Reply With Quote