The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - waiting is so hard!
View Single Post
Old 10-29-2011, 02:17 AM   #9
madness
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (14/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by meppitech View Post
I was curious about OEBTs. Any above average care for them to breed? I also need to lookup using a soil to buffer the water because I again have never had the pleasure. Im guessing I shouldn't do weekly 50% water changes on a tank like that then if I am trying to keep the ph buffered and stable?
The care instructions for Tiger shrimp (including OEBTs) are sort of varied. While they 'can' do well in higher pH and with slightly higher temperatures (compared to Crystal Red Shrimp and other Bee shrimp which is the reference point that most people here are using since they are the most commonly kept of the more 'difficult' species) most people here seem to keep the tigers in tanks that are set-up along the lines of what you would use for Crystal Red Shrimp. It might be a bit of overkill, as the tigers are more tolerant of different water conditions than CRS are, but people seem to have success when doing so.

You can get the tiger shrimp to survive in harder water but you might have trouble getting them to breed so most people just put them in softer, cooler tanks like they use for Crystal Red Shrimp.
madness is offline   Reply With Quote