The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - New Plants today (150 G) New Algae!
View Single Post
Old 10-16-2011, 08:00 PM   #134
150EH
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (27/100%)
Default Auction plants and minor rescape

This is a shot of the right side, I pulled a dozen Corkscrew Vals and put in the Hygrophila pinnatifida and a very small but dense patch of Mayaca fluviatilis

On the left side what a jungle but in the bottom right corner you can see the C. wendtii green gecko and this was my favorite buy, in the back I ripped out my failing Ludwigia Peruensis and moved the Cryptocoryne crispatula var. balansae in it's place, I added 4 new plants and this is another favorite. Plus I added some Hygrophila polysperma 'Sunset'

I also added 4 or 5 Hygrophila corymbosa 'angustifolia' to the back, left of center to fill in a bit more, but it will need time to straighten and grow. I'm not really crazy about this plant but it will do for now as a filler. I was look for S. sp. porto velho to fill in the foreground and Fissidens but there was none for sale at the auction, maybe next time.

The plumbing under the tank is nothing special but it will make it easier in the future, I had to prime it by hooking my python to the hose connection on the intake side and I got my first mouth full of fish water ever, surprisingly it was not foul but had a rather clean taste just like tap water but there was a short period of teeth brushing and Listerine. It's less crowded but really still a mess under there but I will get the RO/DI unit (2012 maybe) and install a drain hose to the front lawn flower bed and that will be nice, but it will be a while before it happens.

The flow from the 2 x 2217's is high with all the plants laying over a bit, the circulation pump is off and will be removed and it is not needed, but the upgrade from the 2215's is huge and I couldn't imagine having a 2262 or FX5 it would just be too much for this tank. Most tanks of this size and larger are 6, 7, & 8 feet long so the 2262 or FX5 would then come in handy and that's a long way to blow flow.

This isn't even a good photo but I like how her feeler is twice her body lenth, she's cleaning that so I can remove it! Thanks for looking.

Last edited by 150EH; 05-04-2012 at 03:18 AM..
150EH is offline   Reply With Quote