The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - 75g Paludarium build log (56k)
View Single Post
Old 09-25-2011, 02:32 AM   #23
vespers_
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (0/0%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkfood View Post
I did some poking around online, and apparently only cheap polyester epoxies melt foam. Resin epoxy is supposed to be fine. I actually found several applications in marine use where foam is covered with epoxy resin.

It seems to me that epoxy is 10X easier to work with than silicone. Then again, silicone is probably 10X cheaper.
good to know. i'm not really feeling spending a ton of money on this... have school to pay for and my future motorcycle

i did a bit of work today. was a little shocked to see how orange the new can of GS is... it's really bad lol, hope the spray paint covers it all.

peeled off the tape, it isn't really dark or completely covered, but it will suffice. i hope never to see it anyway.

rough foaming of the piece that will become a stream from the pools down to the main water area.

the actual pools. yes, those are 10 cent food containers from the dollar store painted black. once they get foamed in an filled with water and sand, i think they'd look pretty good.

and some wood foamed into place in front of the place where the pools will be placed.

filstar pimp #171
vespers_ is offline   Reply With Quote