The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - WANTED: Your best Hagen CO2 recipes!
View Single Post
Old 05-09-2005, 08:19 PM   #48
GTApuffgal
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (0/0%)

I tried Champagne yeast with baking soda and got nothing... Went back to the dependable bread yeast and baking soda (1/2 teaspoon yeast and 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda, and I mix up the yeast and lukewarm water first and let it sit while I mix up the rest of the ingredients), but I might try the champagne yeast again. I also tried the packet that came with the system, but got no action. Although there was an issue of no check valve and water flowing back into the canister, so I'll probably give that another try too. Will post results here.

I am finding that the bubbles are travelling through the ladder at the rate of about 10-11bpm, however, they are cruising straight to the surface of the water upon exit. I pushed the ladder as low as it would go in the tank. Should I raise it closer to the surface? There are a lot of little bubbles all over my water surface. Is this normal/good? Or am I losing it all???
Kathy - EHEIM Step-pimp #148!

20gal, Flourite/Gravel, 3.25wpg, AC-150, DIY CO2, part-time 12V AA UV, heavily planted, 2 Keyholes, African Butterfly Cichlid, Neons, Clown Pleco and 4 Otos

180gal Malawi community (step-mom), Eheim 2217
GTApuffgal is offline   Reply With Quote