The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - 5G Low Tech, Rocks and Stems...Updated 6-8-2012
View Single Post
Old 07-28-2011, 07:08 PM   #6
talontsiawd
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (1/100%)
Send a message via AIM to talontsiawd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aphyosemion View Post
A very nice looking low maintenance jungle tank. The only thing that seems to be lacking is a good foreground. You could try some low light options like mosses to fill it in. I'll bet there are some others that might work as well, depending on how much light is getting to the front. I think that would really complete your tank and give it a little extra something.
I have tried a few foreground plants. HC was the first, then I tried two types of grasses. The light is not the issue, the frog rips it up. HC was too fragile, anything that throws out runners gets pulled up as the new runners don't root deeply enough.

Right now there is some glosso, about 1/3 of what I originally planted. I am hoping that it will be durable enough. It is just starting to spread but I may buy some more to have it fill end more quickly.

I totally agree with you, it really needs something, I didn't take the frog's behavior into account on previous attempts.
talontsiawd is offline   Reply With Quote