The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - I'll be distracted in Singapore for the summer...
View Single Post
Old 07-23-2011, 11:14 AM   #13
A Hill
Sponsor

PTrader: (90/100%)
Send a message via AIM to A Hill

Quote:
Originally Posted by the planter View Post
that crab looks deleicious how do you exactly get into this program?
To be quite honest you need to be an outlier and an amazing one at that. If you are, if all goes well the program will probably have another session soon and if you're under 26, and fit the exceptional requirement let me know. It sounds so pretentious and I really hate saying it, but am not sure how it can be phrased without the fact of it being a select group sounding pretentious.

Anyways, today I saw some moss I sent to Singapore 4 years ago, growing in an aquarium. Long story short I found Bioplast fish shop aka the moss store in Singapore and it is actually really really close to my hostel. Inside one of his tanks is a moss that I found that died on me that he said is extremely difficult as well. For anyone wondering, our hobby language truly is universal it took a bit of time at first but finally we really started talking and had a very long conversation about aquatic mosses. He has a few species not available in the states and was one of the first people to have many mosses. He also has the tiny ferns and says they are extremely difficult to grow and take YEARS and years to spread.

If you're wondering, no I didn't buy anything. I did learn quite a bit about his setup and plan to possibly create a similar system in the future.

I didn't take any photos today but will in the future,

-Andrew

Rumford Aquatic's Tools selection. Best prices anywhere. Guaranteed! Every purchase supports me an entrepreneur studying at ASU.
A Hill is offline   Reply With Quote