The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - Spectral Analysis for LEDs for use over planted aquaria; Graphs here!
View Single Post
Old 05-09-2011, 01:14 AM   #14
redfishsc
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (0/0%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoppy View Post
I would infinitely rather see PAR numbers at various distances, both from the LED on center, and at distances from the center, and at 3 different LED currents. With those numbers it is easy to predict the PAR for any current, any number and spacing of the LEDs.

Unfortunately it also requires a set of those numbers for each optic that would be used, a 60 degree and a 40 degree at minimum. I'm really looking forward to seeing that type of data.
We did plan on doing that but were limited for time. Meanwhile, Joe has received some INCREDIBLY good news that he is now going to work for SeCore in Curacao. So he'll be flying off here in the next couple of weeks and we won't be doing any PAR data together.

There are other PAR meters around here though, just none that are as nice as the LiCore. They are all Apogee Quantums which is plenty sufficient for us, we don't need the decimal points that the LiCore can give. If I can get my hands on a cheap benchtop power supply that can hold these LEDs at a rock-steady current, I can probably get PAR data for some of the more common LED types.

No promises though. I wish I could promise
redfishsc is offline   Reply With Quote