The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - Spectral Analysis for LEDs for use over planted aquaria; Graphs here!
View Single Post
Old 05-08-2011, 11:25 PM   #8
redfishsc
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (0/0%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortsboy View Post
Not being an engineer, I'm still a bit lost on the y-axis of the graph; is that radiant flux? Can the y-axes be superimposed, or are they relative units? If they're a function of distance, at what distance were they measured?

The y-axis is some unit of intensity. I will email my friend and double check, but I believe he said that it's basically a unit of intensity that the spectrometer uses but is otherwise an arbitrary unit.

I'll email him and see what he says. A PAR reading would be nicer though. We were not able to get PAR data due to time constraints (that would have taken a long time with all these LEDs).

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioaficionado View Post
I didn't see it among your photo bucket shots, but I'm trying to imagine the combination of CREE WW & CW LEDs. Great job getting this done and posted in a very useful format that we can get a good idea what the PAR curves are.

My mistake. The NW/WW combo was mislabled. I never did a WW/NW combo because they are so similar.

I fixed it in the post above. Here is the correct image.
redfishsc is offline   Reply With Quote