The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - SNEAK PEAK- O2Surplus' 300 watt LED lighting retrofit
View Single Post
Old 05-02-2011, 04:43 AM   #1
O2surplus
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (4/100%)
Default SNEAK PEAK- O2Surplus' 300 watt LED lighting retrofit

]Hey Everyone.

Here's a sneak peak at the new LED lighting system that I've been working on. There will be a build thread to follow, as soon as time permits. This setup may give others additional info/ideas on their own plans.
I have nearly all the parts I need to complete the project. I just waiting on 4 more Bridgelux leds to arrive in the mail. I have already completed building my custom Drivers and my custom built controller is being tested as I write.

Here are a few photos- The first is an old 4' CURRENT OUTER ORBIT EXTREME power compact fixture. I've mounted 2 of the 6 BridgeLux BXRA-c4500 led arrays to heatsinks. The heatsinks have a 12 volt blower attached to them, that are hidden behind the stock reflector.

The next photo is of a custom built Led driver of my own design. Each driver will control 2 of the LEDs, so I've already built 3 of them for the project. This driver is similar to the one I built for JCardona1's project.More details to follow
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1198.jpg
Views:	306
Size:	140.5 KB
ID:	30532  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1169.jpg
Views:	185
Size:	85.7 KB
ID:	30533  

O2surplus is offline   Reply With Quote