The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - no post in a year...
View Single Post
Old 04-30-2011, 02:35 AM   #7
Batt4Christ
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regenesis View Post
Its just that theres not many aquarist in Arkansas, but I found most of the ones I know are great aquarist. I am from Arkansas, Cabot to be exact.

Been to NSA (Northside aquatics)? Really great fish store. Always has a great variety of stock and tanks. The newest of their tanks are the Fluval Flora and 2.5 gallon nano tank from Fluval. They also got some kind of planted tank kit from Ehiem, very pricey. If you are interested in Apistogramma agassizi (Blue form), try and see if they have anything close (They do have pairs of Apistogramma Agassizi Double Red) or it itself (If they dont have em', they will sure be able to try to get some if you order).
Actually there's a lot of folks who keep fish tanks in Arkansas. We use to have some pretty good lfs years ago... But they have slowly faded away. Some is from the WalMart factor, some from the big-box stores (Petsmart/Petco), and some from bad management. Regardless, here in Central Arkansas/Little Rock area - the pickin's are slim.

I remember fondly Fin & Feather (R street, a block off Cantrel). They usually had a good selection and some reasonable knowledge. They had a 250g tank with a silver arowana and a huge pacu. Was fun to watch feeding time!

There was a VERY well stocked fish store in Jacksonville (the old K-mart shopping center). Their prices for hardware was better than some of the other places -but the huge fish room, kept dark so the only light was from the tanks... always an incredible selection.

And there use to be a fair pet/aquarium store out I30 in SW Little Rock.

And what ever became of Bill's Pets on Rodney Parham?
Batt4Christ is offline   Reply With Quote