The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - DIY cherry cabinet, LEDs, etc. for 57g rimless (Many pictures)
View Single Post
Old 04-28-2011, 03:11 AM   #12
sns26
Advanced Beginner

PTrader: (3/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoppy View Post
That treatment of the top and bottom of the stand is something I haven't seen before. It looks like a great design. And, a beautiful stand too.
Thanks. The top and bottom subassemblies required some thinking and some unsuccessful trial runs. The tolerances had to be pretty tight to make both assemblies free to move around the cabinet without being visibly loose. Again, I was pretty obsessed with using and hiding leveling feet and with hiding that ugly tank rim.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoppy View Post
Why not consider a Cherry/Maple enclosure for the LED light, keeping it a hanging light? With that you can keep the glare from the side of the LEDs from being a problem.
Well, that's certainly the basic plan. I just would prefer to have the slimmest enclosure possible--my goal is to minimize the fixture, not draw attention to it. That goal is in some tension with the goal of hiding the LED point light sources or the glare they throw off. I'm probably just going to use this setup for a while until inspiration strikes.
sns26 is offline   Reply With Quote