The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - USA Vs. Canadian Pricing - Why so high?
View Single Post
Old 04-20-2011, 12:56 PM   #10
Big Al's Online
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortsboy View Post
PAR values for bulb/lamp combos. You've got the lighting kits by the dozens; would you be willing to spend some time and gather a bit of data on the light produced by some of your most popular makes and models? We've had a running discussion in the lighting section of lighting type and bulb brand/K value vs PAR at various distances, but have been limited by the limited equipment each hobbiest has/differing bulb age/differing measuring technique etc... I would be eternally grateful if you compiled this data, and from a marketing standpoint you could release the data as jpegs with your brand all over it. Any additional accurate (and useful) technical specs I feel would both assist the novice and appeal to us fanatics.

Thanks for listening and for your sponsorship.
We have actually considered doing this in the past, however it is not feasible. We do not have the equipment to do these sort of tests accurately enough. We have also been discouraged by manufacturers from doing so.

I am personally a lighting nut, having dealt with reef aquariums for years, and I really wanted to get that sort of data on the website.