The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - EI dosing lowing my PH?? Help.....
View Single Post
Old 02-22-2011, 12:22 PM   #8
TankZen
Planted Member

PTrader: (9/100%)

Thanks everyone for responding.... I am new to this to I really appreciate everyone's help. I don't have co2. I was following the guild lines I found http://www.sudeepmandal.com/hobbies/...ed-tank-guide/ for non co2 lower light tank.

Yesterday I lost two more fish so I brought my water into the aquarium store and they tested for phosphates after I told them I was adding KNO3 and KH2PO4. They said my phosphates were at the highest their test could read 10. So I added a Phosphate lowering product to my filter to try to lower my levels. I'm not sure what went wrong with my dosing. I dosed once a week and only added a little less than 1/8t KH2PO4 and 1/2t KNO3 following the recommendations on the website. Do you have any ideas why they would have gotten so high? I did see some fish gasping at the top of the water and other fish are light colored. In the past 3 days I've lost a total of 6 fish. 4 0ttos and 2 Rasboras. Every thing else in the tank reads 0.

Nitrate reads close to 0,
ammonia 0
nitrite 0
KH2
GH4.

What are your recommendations for me moving forward? Should I not dose fertilizers since I'm not adding CO2? If I should how much should I add and how often to my 55gallon no co2? I am new to planted tanks and really excited about hopefully getting it right in the near future....

Thank you so much for the advice.
TankZen is offline   Reply With Quote